Great hearty and delicious way to start your day, Portuguese French toast, known as Rabanadas. Being that I have such a sweet tooth, I always love taking any chance I can to start my day with something so sweet and delicious like Rabanadas. These are really great, and simple to make without any fuss. Try it out for your breakfast and you will surely love it!
8 bread slices
2 cups milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
5 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
Vegetable Oil for frying
1) Mix warm milk, water and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
2) Dip each slice of bread into the milk and water mix. Then into the beaten eggs and ladle on a big plate.
3) Pour about 1 inches of vegetable oil into a frying pan.
4) Fry the bread slices. Flip each slice after a minute and fry until you get a golden brown color.
5) After fried, let them dry on paper towel. Then coat the slices with the sugar and cinnamon.