Super simple and easy recipe for delicious Portuguese Zucchini soup, or Crème de Courgettes. This recipe is a light healthy treat which is a very popular eat in Portuguese cuisine. It is a soup which is perfect for cooling down in the summer months. It can be eaten as a side or appetizer, or even as a full meal if you are eating light. Try it out and tell us what you think.
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
3 zucchinis chopped into pieces
2 garlic cloves minced
9 basil leaves
1/2 cup hot water
Salt to taste
Parmesan cheese to taste (or whichever grated cheese you enjoy)
1) Wash the zucchinis and chop them into cubes.
2) In a saucepan, saute the zucchini cubes in olive oil on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
3) Add the minced garlic cloves and seven of the basil leaves and continue sauteing them for about 1-2 minutes.
4) Add 1/2 cup hot water (or more if needed) and season with some salt to taste. Let it boil for about 2 minutes.
5) Continue stirring and mince the zucchinis further if needed, to create a more soup like consistency.
6) Once it reaches a smooth consistency, pour into a bowl to serve.
7) Top with the rest of the basil leaves and some parmesan cheese to taste (or whichever grated cheese you enjoy).
8) Serve and enjoy!