We are going to show you guys how to make simple & easy tuna stuffed peppers, Portuguese style. Combining fresh tuna along with traditional Portuguese chourico with a spicy kick is a unique variation on stuffed peppers you will surely love. It is rich in flavor and taste, and is really a hearty meal if your really hungry.
2 large bell peppers split in halves
8 oz. fresh Tuna Steak
1 piece of chourico cut into small pieces
2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon parsley chopped
4 tablespoons grated cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 tomato chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Preheat an oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Put the Tuna and Chourico in a bowl, break them into pieces, and add the chopped tomato, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
3) Add the two tablespoons of olive oil to the bowl and mix well.
4) Place the mix into the 4 halves of pepper and cover with the 4 tablespoons of grated cheese.
5) Place the peppers on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
6) Serve and enjoy!