Today we are going to give you guys a super simple and delicious dessert that can be made at any time of the day without any fuss. It is the popular and traditional version of Portuguese style Pears in Port wine. It uses the fruity flavors of the pear with the traditional and rich flavor of the port wine to make an awesome and healthy dessert that can be made quickly and is sure to impress. The deep red color of the pear and port wine in combination is perfect in conjunction with some delicious white vanilla ice cream.
1/2 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 cup Port wine
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
1) In a saucepan add the sugar, cinnamon stick, and port wine.
2) Let it simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat while constantly stirring.
3) Shave the skin off of the pears, core them from the bottom, and cook them in the saucepan for 25 minutes or until soft.
4) Once done let them sit in a bowl for 30 to 45 minutes to absorb the flavor of the sauce.
5) Now remove the cinnamon stick and serve them separately in bowls with scoops of vanilla ice cream at room temperature.