We’re going to show you how to make a wonderful Portuguese style Kiwi Tart, or Tarte de Kiwi. It is a very simple dessert to make which is sure to impress. The fruity citrus kick from the kiwi makes for the perfect tart component and really makes this such a great and popular dessert. Try it out and tell us what you think.
1 l/4 cups milk
2/3 cup all purpose flour
l/3 cup sugar
1 tbs rum
1/8 tsp salt
4 kiwi fruits, pelled and sliced
Whipped cream to decorate
1) In a small mixer bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
2) Add milk, flour, sugar, rum and salt until smooth. Beat at low speed.
3) Pour batter into a buttered 9 inch quiche dish or pie plate.
4) If desired, reserve some kiwi fruit slices for garnish.
5) Arrange remaining kiwi fruit slices over batter.
6) Bake in 350 degrees oven for 40 minutes. Let it stand for 15 minutes then serve topped with whipped cream if you want.
7) Serve and enjoy!