Tarts are a specialty of Portuguese dessert making. Tarte de Pessego is a Portuguese Peach tart that is perfect to make in the summer months. It is a fruity flavored tart that has the perfect amount of crisp and creamy texture. It is one of my favorite desserts because it is so simple and easy to make without all the fuss, but is sure to impress as well.
1 1/4 cups milk
2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon rum
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 fresh peaches sliced and deseeded
1 tablespoon butter
1) Saute the peaches in a pan in 1 tablespoon of butter for 2-3 minutes and set them aside in a bowl.
2) In a blender, beat the 3 eggs until foamy.
3) Add the flour, sugar, rum, milk, and salt and continue blending until it is a smooth and even consistency.
4) Pour the batter in a buttered 9 inch baking dish or pie plate.
5) Add the peaches on top of the batter.
6) Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
7) Take out of the oven and serve.