This is a awesome recipe for a Portuguese style Chicken and Kale Salad. This salad is absolutely delicious, really easy to make, and super healthy for you. It is packed with nutrients from the kale, the most nutritious plant in the world, along with protein from the chicken. The combination of the delicious balsamic and olive oil dressing when absorbed and cooked with the chicken makes for a simple yet flavorful dish that you will surely love as much as I do. Try it out, and tell us what you think!
1 lbs. Kale Leaves, sliced with the stem removed
1 lbs. Chicken sliced
2 whole Red Peppers, sliced
1 Avocado Sliced
¼ cups Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1) In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce and vinegar until completely mixed.
2) Pour this mixture in a saucepan with the sliced pieces of chicken and grill it for 3-5 minutes until browned.
2) In a larger mixing bowl, place kale and peppers.
4) Then place the cooked chicken into this bowl and drizzle in the sauce and mix the contents together.
3) Add the sliced avocado on top and mix once more until evenly distributed.
4) Serve and enjoy!
Question instead of a reply. No sure about step 2. It’s a little confusing. Step 2 says to pour the sauce into a sauce pan with the chicken, then to “grill it” 3-5 mins or till brown. After the chicken is covered with the sauce are we suppose to take the chicken back out of the pan and put it on the grill, or do you mean to cook it in the sauce on the stove? Also, when we add the sauce to the salad,do we let it cool first or add it while it’s still hot/warm? Would appreciate a reply. Thank you.
Sorry for the confusion, it is meant to be “cooked” and not “grilled” on the saucepan, with the sauce. The sauce is meant to be poured on immediately after cooking but you may also let it cool for a bit before you drizzle it on depending on your preference.
Thank you Pbicudo1. Thanks what I thought just wanted to make sure. Will be making it this month. Will let you know how I liked it. Again, thank you for your help and getting back to me.