Bolo de Ginguba is a traditional Angolan Peanut Sponge Cake. Although desserts are not the most typical eats in Angolan cuisine as fresh fruit is the preferred dessert of choice, they are some unique treats like Bolo de Ginguba that are quite great. It is a a simple yet richly decadent sponge cake with the unique addition of peanut flavor. It makes for a sponge cake with quite an interesting flavor and sweetness that you will surely enjoy.
250 grams flour
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons butter
2 cups milk
4 teaspoons yeast
1 14 oz can sweet condensed milk
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 pounds crushed peanuts
1) Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Beat the sugar with the butter in a blender on high until well mixed. Then add in the eggs, milk, flour, peanut butter, and yeast and do the same.
3) Pour the mixture into a greased baking mold and dust it with flour.
4) Bake it in the oven for approximately 40 minutes.
5) After the top of the cake is slightly browned then the cake is done and remove it from the oven. Let it cool for 4-5 minutes and then pull it out of baking mold.
6) Pour the sweet condensed milk into a saucepan on high heat and stir it until the color begins to brown.
7) Then spread this cream over the cake along with the crushed peanuts.
8) Cover the cake completely with them and serve.