Monk Fish is a fish very typically eaten all over Portugal and Spain. Monk Fish, or Goraz in Portuguese, is a fish with a unique taste and texture uncommon to many other fish and is therefore enjoyed as more of a delicacy around the world. This dish is for a Portuguese Salada de Goraz, or a Monk Fish Salad, which combines the delicious unique flavors of the monk fish in a nice healthy and hearty salad. This combines the flavors of simple ingredients in Portuguese cooking with the fish to create a wonderful dish and is actually quite easy to make. Go ahead and try this great traditional Portuguese dish out and tell us what you think!
1 Lbs. monk fish
2 tablespoon Olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup olives
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon Pimenta da terra (If you don’t have this you can use some red pepper paste)
1 tomato, sliced
1/4 cup white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Simmer the fish in salted water for 20 minutes.
2) Remove skin, bones and then dice.
3) Mix the chopped onions, olives, red peppers, parsley and crushed garlic together and add a little white
wine, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
4) Stir into the fish, mixing well.
5) Serve cold on a platter surrounded by the hard boiled eggs and slices of tomato.