Pudim Molotov, or Molotov Flan, is a signature and very traditional egg white flan in Portuguese dessert making. Pudim Molotov originated as a way to use the unused egg whites in desserts. It is a light dessert that is the perfect amount of smooth and sweet. It is very simple and easy to make.
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
8 egg whites
16 tablespoons sugar
1) In a saucepan, bring the water and sugar and stir until dissolved. Cook on high until it becomes to caramelize into a syrup. When it starts browning, remove from the heat.
2) Pour the caramel into a bowl and set it aside.
3) In a flan mold, grease the mold with some spray oil or butter.
4) Preheat the oven to 250 º F. Separate the whites from the yolks.
5) In a blender, place the egg whites and beat until they are light and creamy.
6) Add the 16 tablespoons sugar gradually during the process of beating the egg whites.
7) Beat them until they are even and consistent.
8) Add the egg whites to the greased flan mold.
9) Cook it in a water bath for about 20-25 minutes until it has become golden brown on the top.
10) Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
11) Quickly remove the flan from the mold. Cover with the reserved caramel syrup. Serve.