This is an awesome recipe for Frango com cerveja, or fried chicken with a beer marinade. While this recipe is not as popular or traditional as some others in Portuguese cuisine, it really exemplifies the Portuguese way of utilizing whatever ingredients available to make a tasty dish. The ingredients are fairly simple as well as the directions, and you are able to adjust for the amount of beer marinade as you please to taste. So try it out, and tell us what you think, we are sure you will love it!
Beer (Can use most regular beers, not light)
3-4 cloves garlic
1 chicken stock cube
Salt and pepper
1) Place the jointed chicken, chopped carrots, onions and crushed garlic into a saucepan together with the
stock cube and enough beer to cover.
2) Simmer until the chicken is tender, approximately 1/2 to 3/4 hour.
3) Remove the chicken and reserve stock.
4) Roll the chicken pieces in seasoned breadcrumbs and fry in deep hot oil until golden brown.
5) Puree the vegetable stock to form a sauce, and return to the saucepan and reheat.
6) Thicken with a little cornflour if necessary.
7) Pour over the chicken and serve with rice, enjoy!