Língua de Gato, or Cat’s Tongue Cookies, are delicious little Portuguese style treats. They are very popular and unique little cookies that can be seen eaten all over. Pretty simple to make with easy to find ingredients. It is perfect to either serve with some tea as a snack or some ice cream as a dessert!
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 & 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup egg white
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Beat the sugar and butter together in a beater machine.
3) Add the egg whites gradually as it continues beating.
4) Add the salt and vanilla and let it continue until it is an even consistency.
5) Place the mixture in a bowl and add the flour and mix and knead the dough well until it is of even consistency.
6) Using a cake cutting instrument, form the dough into oblong, tonguelike shapes.
7) Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
7) Remove and let cool.
8) Serve on a platter or store in airtight jars or the freezer.
This recipe was inspired by our friends over at www.food.com so check them out as well!