Sopa de Espargos, Portuguese Asparagus Soup recipe. This is a delicious typical Portuguese style green soup that is great for a light and healthy meal. This soup has lots of flavor and a nice texture to it, making it one of my favorites to eat. It is simple and easy to make and is sure to impress. Enjoy.
2 tablespoon butter
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 onion chopped
2 cups water
1 chicken stock cube
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon chopped coriander to decorate
1) Puree the garlic cloves, onion, and asparagus in a food processor until it is a smooth and even consistency.
2) Melt the butter in a saucepan.
3) Add the pureed mixture to the saucepan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
4) Add the water, chicken stock cube, and olive oil to the saucepan. Boil it and cook it for about 10 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
5) Once done, turn the heat on low and add the heavy cream and keep stirring. Let it simmer for 5 more minutes.
6) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with chopped coriander. Serve.