Chouriço and Egg Burrito (Burrito de Ovos com Chouriço)
Burrito de Ovos com Chouriço, Chouriço and Egg Burrito recipe. This Portuguese recipe is a simple variation on a breakfast burrito, but with the wonderful addition of Chouriço. For those who want to eat a meal on the go in the morning when time is of the essence, but aren’t willing to forgo the great taste of Portuguese Chouriço, this is the recipe for you. The directions and ingredients are totally simple, and you should be able to find most ingredients at your nearby grocery store.
3/4 pound chouriço sausage, casings removed and crumbled
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 green chili pepper, seeded and diced
4 flour tortillas
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1) Generously coat a large frying pan with cooking spray.
2) Cook and stir the chouriço over medium high heat until well browned and crumbled. Add onion and chile pepper, and continue cooking until onion is tender.
3) Beat eggs in a bowl, and add to chouriço mixture.
4) Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until eggs are scrambled and no longer runny.
5) Warm flour tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
6) Spoon mixture into the middle of each tortilla and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
7) Roll up like a burrito, and enjoy!
This recipe is inspired by our friend Emeril Lagasse over at All Recipes so check them out because they have tons of great Portuguese recipes as well!