Chouriço and Egg Burrito (Burrito de Ovos com Chouriço)
Burrito de Ovos com Chouriço, Chouriço and Egg Burrito recipe. This Portuguese recipe is a simple variation on a breakfast burrito, but with the wonderful addition of Chouriço. For those who want to eat a meal on the go in the morning when time is of the essence, but aren’t willing to forgo the great taste of Portuguese Chouriço, this is the recipe for you. The directions and ingredients are totally simple, and you should be able to find most ingredients at your nearby grocery store.
1/2 pound chouriço sausage, casings removed and crumbled
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 green chili pepper, seeded and diced
1 flour tortilla
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1) Coat a frying pan with the tablespoon of olive oil.
2) Cook and stir the chouriço over medium high heat until well browned and crumbled. Add onion and chile pepper, and continue cooking until onion is tender.
3) Beat the eggs in a bowl, and add to chouriço mixture.
4) Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until eggs are scrambled and no longer runny.
5) In another frying pan on low heat, place the flour tortilla and let it sit until very slightly browned on both sides.
6) Spoon the Chourico mixture into the middle of the tortilla and top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
7) Roll it up like a burrito and serve while hot.